GENERAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Associate Dean Bethany Pluymers is the Law School Financial Director. Please direct all general financial questions to Lee Jankoski, Law School accountant.
HOW TO REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT
- If you do not plan to enter the reimbursement yourself directly, please ensure that Lee Jankoski is listed as a delegate for you. This is a security issue tied directly to your NetID and is a required step for all faculty/staff that want another person entering their reimbursement requests. The steps to do so are below:
- Log into MyUW with your netID
- Click on the Services tab at the top
- Scroll to the middle/center of the page, under the box "Employee Financial Resource"
- Click on "e-reimbursement log in"
- A new tab/window will open in PeopleSoft. Select the "Assign an alternate" link
- Click on the +plus button on the right, and put in the number 00309552, "tab"
over and Lee Jankoski's name should appear. To add Josh Cutler, use 00424848; to add Justin Boehm use 00408252
- Click the save button. You should get a "saved successfully" message. Once that appears you can log out.
If you have already assigned delegate status:
- Fill out the Reimbursement Request form, breaking down your reimbursements and indicating the funding string to charge.
- Attach all required receipts and documentation (e.g., agenda, schedule, etc.)
- If the reimbursement is travel-related, please review UW/State travel policies (below).
- Return to Lee Jankoski in Room 5106 or her mailbox for processing and approval within 3-5 business days. Please note that incomplete paperwork (missing receipts, lack of documentation, etc.) may delay your reimbursement.
There are a number of policies related to travel and the list below is not all inclusive. For a complete list of the policies, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/trpol.html.
OUT OF STATE TRAVEL FORM: This form is required for all out of state travel using GPR funds. FISC funds are part of GPR funds. This form must be completed in advance of traveling and be included with e-Reimbursement documentation. A copy should also be attached to the related purchasing card documentation if appropriate.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: For more information regarding air travel, lodging, and meal per diem maximums related to international travel, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/international.html for more information.
AIR TRAVEL: Payment/Reimbursement for travel is limited to the lowest cost means of travel unless it is impractical or not available. Receipts and documentation are required, and should show itinerary, traveler name, travel departure/arrival times, ticket number, amount of fare and proof of payment.
- Booking methods: CONCUR is the UW-Madison required method for making domestic business-related airfare purchases. The link will walk you through setting up a profile to book all your UW-Madison business-related travel. This set-up process only needs to be done once.
- Travelers may be allowed to use a travel agency for more complex bookings, such as multi-leg international travel.
- Orbitz.com is not in compliance with State of Wisconsin sales tax collection requirements, and cannot be used to make any business-related bookings.
- Complete supporting documentation for airfare includes the following:
An approved UW–Madison business purpose
An explanation and a cost comparison obtained at the time of booking are required under the following circumstances:
Indirect routing and/or extra stops for personal reasons: Indirect routing/extra stops for personal reasons are allowable provided there are no additional costs incurred.
Departing from and/or returning to an alternate city: Departing from and/or returning to a city other than Madison, Milwaukee or Chicago is allowable provided the fare is more cost effective for the UW, including parking, mileage, meals, additional overnight stays, etc.
Departing earlier/returning later than business requires: It is acceptable to depart a day early and/or return a day late if it results in a substantial savings in airfare to offset the extra costs of the room, meals, etc.
For more information, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/airtrav.html.
LODGING: All lodging claims must be supported by an original, itemized, detailed receipt showing daily room rate, guest name(s), dates of stay, single/double accommodations, and all other room charges.
- Original hotel receipt is required along with documentation of UW-Madison business-related event
- There are maximum-allowed lodging rates for major US metropolitan areas. For a specific location, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/TEWeb/travel/domesticLodgingMax.html.
- Domestic lodging that exceeds the maximum amount may be allowed if there is documentation showing an overall cost savings. For instance, choosing to stay at a hotel conference site should save you on taxi fare. Documentation corroborating that the site selected is the conference hotel is required. The employee's selection of a hotel from a menu of properties recommended by the conference organizer is not sufficient justification for exceeding the lodging maximum.
- International lodging, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/international.html
For more information, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/lodging.html.
MEALS: Claims for meals shall represent actual, reasonable and necessary expenses. Payment/Reimbursement for alcoholic beverages is not allowed. Tax and tips (limited to 15%) are included in the maximum allowable amount.
- In-State meal per diem (For meals occurring on or after 7/1/2013):
- Out-of-State meal per diem (For meals occurring on or after 7/1/2013):
- International: Please see the link, http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/international.html
Payments/Reimbursements related to meals require:
- Documentation of UW-Madison business (agenda, schedule, etc.)
- Applicable Events Payment Form (this is only needed for hosted meals involving more than one individual). For the different types of events forms, see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/forms.html#empf
- Participant / attendees list (this is only needed for hosted meals involving more than one individual)
For more information regarding meals, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/meals.html.
VEHICLES: A rental vehicle may be used when it is the most cost-effective means of transportation available (i.e., out-of-state travel) for UW business. Otherwise, for regional/in-state travel, a UW Fleet Vehicle may be used or mileage may be reimbursed for personal vehicle use.
- Vehicle rental: Please use contracted vendors: Hertz, National, or Enterprise to ensure contracted pricing. For more information regarding the discount codes and rates, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/rentveh.html
- Personal vehicle mileage rates (Effective 7/1/2013):
$0.51 per mile for round-trip under 300 miles.
$0.35 per mile for round-trip over 300 miles.
- Fleet Vehicle: The UW prefers that employees try to reserve fleet vehicles before using their personal vehicles for travel. If you are a new employee or have never driven a fleet vehicle, you will need to be authorized to drive by the Office of Risk Management. Please refer to the Risk Management website regarding driver authorization guidelines and forms: http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/risk_mgt/drivetable.html
- You must be an authorized driver in order to reserve
a vehicle, so advance planning is advisable. Please allow for at least 10 days in advance of travel date to allow Risk Management time to process approval for fleet vehicles.
- All gasoline, charges for repairs, tow service, locksmith services, jump starts, lubrication, etc., are paid for by the UW using the fleet card. Please ask the Motor Pool Personnel for details.
**If you wish to make a fleet vehicle reservation,
please contact the Law School Business Office.
Motor Pool Office
27 North Charter Street Room 110
Madison, WI 53715
For more information regarding vehicles, both personal vehicles and fleet cars, please see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/policy/travel/fleetveh.html.
There are a number of policies related to purchasing and the list below is not all inclusive. For a complete list of the policies, please see http://bussvc.wisc.edu/purch/pppindx.html.
- Any purchase over $5000 requires UW Purchasing Services involvement; UW Purchasing Services should be contacted before the purchase occurs.
- If available, allowable office-related and work-related items should be purchased through MDS and/or DoIT Techstore. Please contact Lee or Josh if you have questions.
- Printing over $49.99 must use Digital Printing & Publishing Services (DP&PS, formerly DoIT Printing) or University Communications Creative Services (formerly UW Publications Office).
For more information regarding how to purchase goods and services, please see the flow chart at http://bussvc.wisc.edu/purch/HowToBuy/BuyMyself.html.
To request additional FISC funds prior to spending, please fill out the Request for Additional FISC Budget form and submit to Associate Dean Heinz Klug, with a copy to Lee Jankoski