If you are interested in participating in a Law School exchange program, please use this application form and follow the instructions given below.
Application deadline: Wednesday, February, 27, 2013
A complete application includes the following:
• The application below
• The signed statement of responsibility (must be submitted separately)
• A copy of your Law School grades (This does not have to be an official transcript)
• A copy of your resume
• EUI applications only -- Please attach your independent study topic (1-2 pages)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by the Faculty Committee on Study Abroad. All decisions will be made by the Committee collectively. Decisions will be communicated to the applicants via email by Friday, March 15, 2013.
The Committee will draw up a wait list wherever possible. Please note that you may be required to undergo language skills testing before you can participate in a program that requires a high degree of proficiency in a foreign language.
If your first preference is EUI and you are not selected to that program, you will be considered for your second choice along with others who have applied for that program. In other words, not being selected to the EUI program will not adversely affect your chances of being considered for another exchange program.
The host institutions have their own admission process and you will have to follow the instructions given to you once you have been selected to an exchange program. Selection by the Faculty Committee here does not imply automatic admission to the host institution.
The Law School has exchange programs with the following universities:
• JLU-Giessen, Giessen, Germany
• University of Groningen, The Netherlands
• European University Institute, Florence, Italy
• University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
• University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
• University of Paris X, Nanterre, Paris, France
• Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
• Catholic University, Lima, Peru
• Pontifical Catholic University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India
- FGV Law School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
1. Personal Information