Tuition for Minnesota Residents

Students who are residents of Minnesota can attend the University of Wisconsin at a special reduced tuition rate under the Wisconsin-Minnesota Tuition Reciprocity Agreement.

To take advantage of this rate, a Minnesota resident wishing to attend any public university in Wisconsin must be certified by the Minnesota Higher Education Services Office (MHESO). Applications are available from MHESO. For more information, visit or contact MHESO at:

Minnesota Higher Education Service Office (MHESO)
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
Telephone: 651-642-0567 or 800-657-3866

Recertification by MHESO is required for each academic year. Benefits generally will be renewed automatically by that agency for students who are registered and remain enrolled in credit courses during any term of the previous academic year and paid reciprocity tuition for that term.

If you have additional questions about the reciprocity system, you may call the Residence Counselors Office at the University of Wisconsin-Madison at 608-262-1355.

Log in to edit