This is an important message for all Law students concerning laptop computer use for final exams in Fall 2009. Please read this message carefully & thoroughly. You are responsible for knowing the contents of this message.
Important Note: you need to follow these instructions even if you have previously taken laptop exams here (e.g., 1L midterms in the current Fall 2009 Term, final exams in Spring 2009, etc.) or exams at some other school.
At this point, you need to be aware of several things:
1. If you do not want to use a laptop for an exam, you will not be required to. You may write in a bluebook. Bluebook users will take their exam in the same room as laptop users. (Note: some instructors may require use of a special exam form or packet for all exam-takers.)
2. If you wish to take your final exam(s) on laptop, you need to follow the Software Download directions below well IN ADVANCE of your exam date(s). (Again, you need to follow the download instructions below even if you have previously taken secure laptop exams.)
Software Download. If you intend to take your exam(s) on laptop, you need to do the following:
(1) Ensure your laptop has a wireless capability that is functional.
(2) Go to the following web-site:
(3) On the web-site, do the following:
(a) review ALL of the information provided;
(b) follow the "Download" instructions provided.
(4) If you experience difficulty with any of the above steps, bring your laptop to the Technology Services office on the second floor (Room 2270) during business hours (Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.). Do not wait until the day of your exam!
(5) If you have technical questions, do not reply to this e-mail. Rather, e-mail your questions to: email@example.com .
Thank you for your attention.
K. M. Kelly
Assistant Dean (Curricular Affairs)
Submitted by Kevin Kelly on December 1, 2009
This article appears in the categories: Must-Know Info