Moodle forums allow students and teachers to exchange ideas by posting comments.
Common types of forums include:
- a general use forum
- a single discussion topic forum
- a multiple discussion topic forum (each person posts one topic)
- a question-and-answer forum
To use a forum:
Log in to your Moodle course web page
- Locate the forum and click to enter.
- Once in the forum, you may Add a new discussion topic or reply to an existing discussion by clicking on the discussion link.
- If replying to an existing discussion, click it to enter the discussion, and then click Reply.
- When adding a new discussion topic, you may email the group to notify them of a new discussion, or elect to have new posts automatically emailed to you.
- You have 5 minutes to make changes to a forum reply or new discussion topic.