Lecture Series and Outreach Workshops
- Outreach Workshops on Global Legal Issues
- Reconceptualizing the Role of Law in Human Rights
- Legal Pluralism
- Series on Laws Response to Consequences of Violent Conflict
- Comparative EU Law
- September 29, 2015: GLS speaker series on Global & Comparative Law, "The European Migrant Crisis - Factual Background, Legal Challenges, Political Perspectives," by Thilo Marauhn, University of Giessen. 4:00pm-5:30pm, Lubar Commons. Light refreshments will be provided.
- September 30, 2015: "Structural Inequalities and Poverty: Organizing for Economic Rights in India," The J. Jobe and Marguerite Jacqmin Soffa lecture delivered by Renana Jhabvala, SEWA, India, 4:00pm, AT&T Room, Pyle Center
- October 5, 2015: South Asia Legal Studies Working Group, Noon-1:00pm, 7205 Law, a light lunch will be provided
- October 8, 2015: GLS speaker series on Global & Comparative Law, "American Security through International Insecurity," by Anna Spain Bradley, University of Colorado. 12:00pm-1:15pm, Lubar Commons. Lunch will be provided.
- October 22, 2015: Ninth annual South Asia Legal Studies Pre-conference workshop, details pending
Call for panel proposals
- October 28, 2015: "Law and Criminal Justice in Russia" with Professors Vadim Volkov and Dmitrii Skougarevskii, 10:00am-3:00pm. Hosted by Professor Kathie Hendley. Cosponsored by CREECA. Details pending.
- "Is Pleading a Bargain when it is Restricted to Less Severe Crimes and is Implicit?" by Professor Dmitrii Skougarevskii
- "Judges and Sentencing in Russia: Empirical Evidence," by Professor Vadim Volkov
- Abstract available here
- November 2, 2015: South Asia Legal Studies Working Group, Noon-1:00pm, 7205 Law, a light lunch will be provided
- November 5-7, 2015: "New Politics of Human Rights: Crossing Disciplines, Regions, and Issues," organized by the Human Rights Program, Pyle Center
- December 7, 2015: South Asia Legal Studies Working Group, Noon-1:00pm, 7205 Law, a light lunch will be provided
- April 8, 2016: Wisconsin International Law Journal annual symposium, details pending