Lecture Series and Outreach Workshops
- Outreach Workshops on Global Legal Issues
- Reconceptualizing the Role of Law in Human Rights
- Legal Pluralism
- Series on Laws Response to Consequences of Violent Conflict
- Comparative EU Law
- September 22, 2014: "How the World Trade Community Operates" by Professor Sungjoon Cho, Chicago-Kent College of Law, noon-1:15pm, Lubar Commons, hosted by Professor Jason Yackee, pizza will be served.
- September 25, 2014: "The Politics of Rights and the Sexual Minority Rights Movements in Singapore and Myanmar" by Professor Lynette Chua, National University of Singapore and GLS visiting scholar, 12-1:15pm, Lubar Commons, hosted by Professor Gwendolyn Leachman and sponsored by HRP, GLS and Center for Southeast Asian Studies, a light lunch will be served in a first come, first served basis
- October 1, 2014: “Estado de los Derechos de las Mujeres Nicaragüenses y la Violencia de Género" (State of the Rights of Nicaraguan Women and Gender Violence) by Juanita Jimenez, Human rights lawyer and activist from Nicaragua, 336 Ingraham Hall, multiple sponsors including LACIS and HRP (lecture will be translated into English)
- October 7, 2014: Climate Change and Displacement in the Autonomous Region of Gunayala, Panama," by Carlos Arenas, Consultant, Displacement Solutions, Noon-1:00pm, 206 Ingraham Hall, sponsored by LACIS and HRP.
- October 8, 2014: HRP Lecture by Aniceta Kiriga, details pending
October 16, 2014: Lecture on illegal dispossession of land and law in Pakistan by Professor Martin Lau, SOAS, University of London (title tbc), 9:30-10:30am, Lubar Commons (7200 Law), sponsored by GLS and South Asia Legal Studies Working Group.
- October 16, 2014: Eighth annual South Asia Legal Studies Pre-conference workshop, keynote address by Professor Marc Galanter on the 30th anniversary of Bhopal.
Call for panel proposals
October 16, 2014: "Three Tales of a Faculty: East German Law Professors under Socialism" by Professor Inga Markovits, "Friends of Jamail" Regents Chair in Law at University of Texas-Austin, funding courtesy of the Knapp Fund, 4pm, 206 Ingraham Hall, sponsored by CREECA, GLS and University Lectures Committee and hosted by Professor Kathie Hendley, UW-Madison.
October 16-18, 2014: Meeting of the Association For Political Theory, multiple sponsors including the Department of Political Science, GLS and Anonymous Fund.
- Nov 7-8, 2014: Workshop on Land, Water and the Environment: The Politics of Rights, Lubar Commons (7200 Law), sponsored by the Land and Water Cluster and the Environment Cluster of the Human Rights Program
Call for papers
- March 13, 2015: Wisconsin International Law Journal annual symposium, details pending
- April 10-11, 2015: Human Rights conference, details pending