Forthcoming Publications and Working Papers
Forthcoming Publications (downloadable)
- Towards a New Law and Development: New State Activism in Brazil and the Challenge for Legal Institutions. Legal Studies Research Paper Series Paper No. 1207 World Bank Legal Review (forthcoming), David Trubek, Diogo R. Coutinho (University of Sao Paulo Law School), Mario G. Schapiro (FGV Law School, Sao Paulo).
Working Papers and Presentations
- Reversal of Fortune? International Economic Governance, Alternative Development Strategies, and the Rise of the BRICS, presented at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy, June 2012.
- "Developmental State and the Legal Order: Towards a New Political Economy of Development and Law," paper presented at the Conference on Social Science in the Age of Globalization, National Institute for Advanced Study of Social Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China (December 2008)
- "Law and Society as a Vocation--A Play in Three Acts," Plenary Panel, Law and Society Association, Las Vegas, NV, 2005
- "The European Employment Strategy and the Future of EU Governance: An Opportunity for the Baltics and a Challenge for Lawyers", Riga Graduate School of Law Working Papers No. 10, 2003
- "Social Rights in a Global Economy," paper presented at the Conference on Social Rights, Porto Alegre, Brazil 2002"Law Adrift in an Economy Let Loose: The Legal Imagination in the Struggle for Governance of a Post-National World" presented at Maison des Sciences del'Homme, Paris France (May 1997)
- "Social Justice 'After' Globalization: The Case of Social Europe," paper presented at European University Institute, Italy (November 1996), [University of Wisconsin Global Studies Program Working Paper (December 1996)]