The University of Wisconsin held a two-day program on Intellectual Property (IP) Management that was planned in cooperation with Nanjing University and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation. This program was held at the Johns Hopkins University- Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies in Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, on October 17 and 18, 2008.
The program's schedule featured speakers from Nanjing University, the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and experts from fields of law and business.
- Intellectual Property Law: Recent Developments in China and U.S.
- Progress and Challenges of Obtaining and Enforcing Intellectual Property Rights in China
- Creating and Managing an IP Portfolio in China
- Technology Start-up and Venture Capital
- Commercialization of University Intellectual Property: Experience and Challenges
Carl Gulbrandsen, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
- Craig Christianson, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF).
Rongxin Gan, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Academic Sinica
- Kening Li, Pinsent Masons, Shanghai.
- Alex Zhang, Jones Day, Shanghai.
- Rochelle Klaskin, Godfrey & Kahn, Madison.
- Charlie Chang, O2 Micro International Limited.
- Pilar Ossorio, University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Shubha Ghosh, University of Wisconsin Law School.
- Allison Christians, University of Wisconsin Law School.
For more information, please look at the program schedule.
From left to right: Prof. Xu Difeng (Nanjing Univ.), Prof. John Ohnesorge (UW Law School), Dr. Carl Gulbrandsen (WARF), and Dean Li Yougen (Nanjing Univ.)
Group picture of program speakers.