The UW Law School Bookmart, Inc. is a nonprofit business formed to provide
law school textbooks, adjunct course materials, and supplies to students at
the lowest cost possible.
The Bookmart accepts personal checks, traveler's
checks, cash, and debit/credit cards (Mastercard & Visa only). Please Note: there is a $10.00 minimum purchase requirement for credit/debit cards.
To view class material requirements online, go to "MyUW"; visit textbook information.
The Bookmart has regular hours, but because of its relatively small market, these hours are limited to the following:
Monday - Friday
9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Monday & Tuesday Evenings
5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Phone: (608) 262-2189
Beginning of Spring 2013 Semester Hours
Monday, January 14: 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 15: 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 16: 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 17: 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, January 18: 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.
Sat., Sun., Jan. 19 and January 20: CLOSED
Monday, January 21: CLOSED (M.L.King Day)
Tuesday, January 22: 9:00 a.m - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 23: 9:00 a.m - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 24: REGULAR HOURS RESUME.
Spring 2013 Book List
Bookmart Return Policy
IMPORTANT: KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!
No refunds will be made without the original cash register receipt.
Do not mark your books or remove any plastic wrap until:
- You are certain you have the correct books, AND
- You are certain you will not change classes.
Bookmart Return Policies
Check to see if you have the correct books on the first day of class. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MID-SEMESTER TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECT BOOKS!
1. Books and Xeroxes purchased at the beginning of the semester must be returned by the last day to drop classes without a transcript notation. (For Spring 2013, that date is Wednesday, January 30). Books purchased mid-semester are returnable WITHIN 2 DAYS OF THE CASH REGISTER RECEIPT DATE. Xeroxes are non-refundable after the drop date.
2. All returns MUST be accompanied by the cash register receipt.
3. All returns MUST be in mint condition and free of any markings. If your book was shrink-wrapped when you bought it, the shrink-wrap must be intact when you return it.
4. Study Aids purchased on a non-returnable basis will receive a 10% discount. Study Aids purchased on a returnable basis must be returned by the CLOSE OF THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY. If the purchase is made on a Friday, the return must be made by the close of business THAT DAY.
5. Any item purchased within two weeks preceding final exams is non-returnable.
The Bookmart does not sell used books. The Bookmart does buy back used books for a national wholesaler twice a year, at the end of the fall and spring semesters.