Blogs Increasingly Popular Among Law Firms
Blogging continues to increase in popularity among large law firms according to LexBlog's, Kevin O'Keefe. His November 2008 State of the AmLaw 200 Blogosphere reveals the following:
- Over 35% of AmLaw 200 law firms have blogs.
- 12% of AmLaw 200 law firms have more than one blog.
- 32% growth in last 8 months in the number of AmLaw 200 law firms publishing blogs.
- 39% growth in last 8 months in total number of blogs being published by AmLaw 200 law firms (some firms have more than one blog).
And in the numbers:
- 72 of the 2008 AmLaw 200 firms were blogging.
- Those 72 firms were responsible for a total of 159 blogs.
- 122 of the 159 blogs were firm branded; the remaining 37 blogs were not branded. 'Firm branded' blogs are those where the firm's name and/or logo are prominently displayed, indicating that the blog is more a product of the firm than of the individual author writing it.
See the full results, including a list of law firms with blogs or lawyers blogging at Real Lawyers Have Blogs.