Audio from Selected Courts to be Available on PACER this Summer
"Continuing its efforts to enhance the transparency of courtroom proceedings, the federal Judiciary is about to launch a pilot project to make digital audio recordings publicly available online," reports The Third Branch.
Five pilot project courts will begin loading the audio files into their CM/ECF systems later this summer where they will be available via PACER. During the six-to-12-month pilot project, access to the audio files will cost 16 cents--eight cents for accessing the docket sheet and another eight cents for selecting the audio file.
The five pilot project courts are:
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maine
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Source: Legal Dockets Online Blog