Seminar: Internet Research in Wisconsin
If you are looking to brush up your Web-based legal research skills this summer, you might want to consider attending a one day seminar entitled, Internet Research in Wisconsin. The seminar, put on by Lorman Education Services, will be held in Brookfield on August 16th & again in Madison on August 17th.
I'll be presenting at both seminars along with my colleague, Bev Butula of Davis & Kuelthau, S.C. in Milwaukee.
Here's the blurb about the course from Lorman:
This course will introduce attendees to online legal research, improve their searching efficiency by developing better strategies and create a list of reliable online resources. The sessions will promote cost-effective searching and offer a look at the most current approaches to capitalizing on information available via the Internet.
* Searching smarter - source selection and search strategies
* Search engines and meta engines
* The invisible Web
* Legal search engines and portals
* Primary law sources on the internet
* Investigating individuals
* Company research
* The new kids on the Web - blogs, RSS, alerts and podcasts