I Heart Libraries - Happy National Libraries Week!
In celebration of National Library Week, the following events will be taking place at the UW Law Library:
Each day there will be a law or library-related contest open to Law School students, faculty, and staff. Daily winners will each receive a prize and at the end of the week, students with the most correct entries will be placed in a grand prize drawing for 1000 WestlawRewards points!
For today's contest question, read on.
- READ with the Faculty
- Meet the Library Staff
- Legal Humor
Library staff will also be holding a series of free drop-in workshops for UW Law School students, faculty, and staff.
- Create Your Own Blog using Blogger
Tuesday, April 4th at 1:30 p.m. in the Computer Lab
Students: Start your own blog on-the-spot! Come prepared with a name for your new blog.
- Sources of Business Information
Wednesday, April 5th at 2:00 p.m. in rm 3380A (Third floor library)
A must for corporate attorneys!
- Legal Research Worldwide
Friday, April 7th at 2:00 p.m. in rm 3380A (Third floor library)
Online sources for international students and students studying abroad
Everyone that attends a workshop will receive their choice of a free gift courtesy of LexisNexis & Westlaw.
Now for Today's Contest Question: Trivia. . . Guess the Grad
UW Law School students, faculty & staff - submit your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org or put them in the box by the reference desk.
1. Who is the UW graduate who sang the lyrics, "I might get rich, you know I might get busted, but my heart keeps calling me backwards, as I get on the 707"?
2. Who is the UW graduate who often does cameos in her brother's movies?
3. Who earned a master's degree in just a year at the UW, became an award winning novelist, and is a Professor of Humanities at Princeton University?